The 2022 Ford Escape SEL takes you where you want to go with comfort and style to spare. This Escape trim model is a small crossover with big personality, delivering a sporty ride and a wealth of creature comforts. Our buying guide is here to explain why the SEL in particular is worth your time.
Who should choose the 2022 Ford Escape SEL?
The Escape itself is a roomy, comfortable small crossover that’s known for its smooth ride and cutting-edge infotainment and safety features. Basically, it gives you everything you want in a daily driver. It even offers a range of powertrains, so you can choose to emphasize speed or efficiency.
There are four Escape trim models: the S, SE, SEL, and Titanium. The SEL is one of the more luxurious versions of the Escape, only second to the top-tier Titanium. The SEL, then, is the right choice for drivers who want a long list of upscale features but don’t want to pay for the top-of-the-line Titanium!
How comfortable is the 2022 Ford Escape SEL?
Inside these small crossovers, you’ll find big-time passenger space. The SEL has space for five, and it treats driver and passenger to a posh drive with heated front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, and Ford’s soft ActiveX faux-leather upholstery. This Escape also keeps you entertained; the standard infotainment system includes an 8-inch touchscreen and smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. And these modern cruisers also underscore your peace of mind, with standard safety aids that include blind-spot monitoring and forward collision mitigation.
Every 2022 Escape SEL includes:
- 18-inch aluminum wheels with Dark Stainless pockets
- ActiveX upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster
- SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Front and rear USB ports
- Six-speaker sound system
- Keyless entry and ignition
- Satellite radio
- Chrome exterior trim
- Power liftgate
- Remote start
This model is also big on safety, with standard driver aids:
- Forward collision mitigation
- Lane departure mitigation
- Blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert
And you can make your 2022 Escape SEL even more luxurious, with options that include:
- 19-inch Ebony aluminum wheels
- ActiveX upholstery with Miko suede inserts
- Driver’s seat memory settings
- 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster
- Wireless smartphone charging pad
- Voice-activated navigation
- Panoramic sunroof
- Roof rails
- Hands-free, foot-activated liftgate
- Co-Pilot360 Assist+ package (including adaptive cruise control, evasive steering assist, navigation)
- Cold Weather package (heated front seats, heated steering wheel, heated mirrors, automatic climate control)
- Convenience package (upgraded headlights, power liftgate, dual-zone automatic climate control, power-adjustable driver’s seat)
Is the 2022 Ford Escape SEL efficient?
Thanks to its turbocharged powertrain, the Escape SEL delivers a good balance of power and efficiency. For maximum milage, check out the hybrid engine, which helps the Escape earn up to 41 mpg combined (44 city/37 highway). The base engine, the turbocharged three-cylinder engine, is the next most efficient, earning up to 30 mpg combined (28/34 mpg). But even the 250-horsepower turbo four-cylinder engine is pretty efficient, earning up to 26 mpg combined (22/31 mpg).
Choose from three Escape powertrain engine options:
- Standard turbo 1.5-liter three-cylinder engine (181 horsepower, 190 lb-ft of torque)
- Optional 2.5L hybrid four-cylinder engine (200 total hp)
- Optional turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine (250 hp, 280 lb-ft)
The base and hybrid powertrains come with front-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive is optional for both. The turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine comes standard with all-wheel drive only.
What does the 2022 Ford Escape SEL cost?
This handsomely equipped Escape trim model comes at a great price, with an MSRP of $30,895. This price includes all of the Escape SEL’s standard features; selecting optional features or packages means spending a little bit more! And keep in mind prices are subject to change.